Friday, October 06, 2006

Getting things done!!!

This week was all about getting on top of the workload and making sure that I am on track to have everything completed for this time next week. I had to transfer my sketchbook designs to PageMaker which proved to be a very time consuming but quite an enjoyable task. This enabled me to give an accurate representation of how the site should look if it were to be published to the internet. The design for the site template is at the bottom of this entry.

Thursday’s feedback session was also very productive as it allowed me to show my designs to Steve, Scott and Jamie and receive comments from them on how it could be improved. As a result of this feedback I added images to the design to give a more accurate representation of how the site will look, made the size of the title fonts larger so it stands out more and rearranged the layout of the contents by adding more text and moving the whole layout to the right eliminating the large amount of white space. I felt that this was effective as it gave me a good idea on how a prospective client may react in these circumstances when designing a website for them.

Diane was in the lesson on Wednesday afternoon and she spent quite a lot of time discussing where I was with the project and offering any help she could from her experience of previously doing the course. I found this to be extremely helpful as she was able to show me what she had done and how I could improve on what I am currently doing. I think that it will be useful to have her around in the coming weeks as the deadline approaches and as we start the new assignments.

In my self study this week I am going to have to try and piece everything together and do some slight amendments to the work that I have done so far. As the deadline is approaching fast I am going to dedicate a lot of time to my self study this week so I am in the position of handing it in to Steve next Thursday!


No comments: