Sunday, October 15, 2006

The deadline approaches!!!

This week has been pretty hectic as the deadline is fast approaching and there is plenty to be done. I find it hard to believe that all this time has passed and it has certainly gone quickly!

On Wednesday morning John came to give us a lecture on blogs and how they should be presented. This was quite helpful and it culminated in me displaying my blog to the class so that any improvements could be identified. The results of this are that several changes are going to have to be made in the near future, this may prove to be challenging as this involves editing the code which I have very little experience of.

Getting all the project work into the template and in the correct order was fairly challenging this week as consistency is paramount for this course and the slightest mistake could lead to me failing the project. Bearing in mind I did not even know what PageMaker was this time last month I am quite happy with how it has turned out. I did however put the references in the document straight away, this turned out to be a bad idea as I ended up editing the document several times and the references ended up in completely the wrong place. The next time I produce a Web Plan I will certainly leave the referencing to last!

The group feedback session was also very helpful this week as it gave me a better insight into what Steve is actually expecting from us and I was quite pleased that I seemingly only have a few minor amendments to make. This was also beneficial as it allowed me to see what other people were doing.

The deadline for the project is next Thursday and I am slightly apprehensive but also quite confident in the work that I have done. As this is the first project I am not expecting to achieve the highest grades but I feel that this has given me a good insight into the course and be valuable experience as I start the two new assignments in several weeks time.

No comments: